I thought photography makes me happy so I purchased this dslr. An upgrade from my old GE digital camera. Thanks to some advices from friends, I finally gave up on pursuing Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38.
And if the photos in Banaue and Sagada are of any basis, I think I made the right choice. For an entry level dslr Nikon d3000 seems to be the perfect pick.
* 10.2megapixel CCD sensor.
* 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens
* 11-point autofocus system.
* Split-second Shutter Response.
* Guide mode. (perfect for beginners)
* 3-inch color LCD monitor.
* In-camera Image Editing
* Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning
* Active D-Lighting
* ISO sensitivity from 100 – 1600
* Split-second Shutter Response
* Compact, light and durable.
Took some time for me to decide between this and the entry level of canon---1000d. One blogger friend said I have to feel it, touch it and use it and I will know it is the right brand for me. I have been familiar with nikon since 2 of my friends also use the same model. One more thing I like about it is that it looks sturdy and stylish. The 1000d looks midget to me. I want a more bullish camera. hehe
And since I am now a certified NIKON BABY, I wanna share the 90th anniversary ad of nikon. I love the song. I love the history.
Of coarse, it's more about the skill of the photographer so I guess I still have a lot to learn. With this new dslr at hand though, I feel more excited to travel as I would be able to capture the magic moments in crisp, rich colors.....