It would have been a shame if we missed it.The reason is because we already purchased shuttle tickets to Siem Reap and the transportation was to leave 3pm with our things still at the front desk of the hotel.At least we got to enjoy a palace visit with less the crowd.Say,in Angkor Complex for example, the temples are amazing but it's difficult to take photos without photo bombs.
Locally known as Preah Barum Reachea Veang Nei Preah Reacheanachak Kampuchea. It was built in the 1960's and served as the residence of Cambodia's kings. It is a complex which includes other significant landmarks like the Throne Hall, Moonlight Pavillion and Silver Pagoda (which i didn't notice) among others.
And btw, after writing about the Killing Fields last time, I made a little research about Toul Sleng Prison which we skipped intentionally, it's a must see! I regret not going there.Another reason to go back one day.wink *****
- Ho Chi Minh City to PHNOM PENH via Mekong Bus
- The KILLING FIELDS Choeung Ek Cambodia
- Khmer Kor Koo Soup and Amok Fish in SINH FOO RESTAURANT Phnom Penh
- souvenir hunting + lunch at the CENTRAL MARKET Phnom Penh
- where NOT to stay in Phnom Penh: KHA VI GUEST HOUSE